2022 West Virginia Tree Farm ScholarshipEnter your application today!
THIS SCHOLARSHIP is intended to assist the child or grandchild of a West Virginia Tree Farmer in their pursuit of a higher education.
Funding has been provided by the family of Pat Plitt, individual Tree Farmers and various fundraisers conducted by the WV Tree Farm Program. The scholarship is administered by a sub-committee consisting of 3 members of the WV Tree Farm Committee and with the guidance of WVFA and the American Tree Farm System.
The successful applicant will receive a $1000 scholarship to be awarded to the academic institution of their choice during one academic year, distributed equally between semesters/quarters.
An essay is required on the following topic: Why did you choose your field of study/major? (Maximum of 2 pages). In addition to the essay, please submit all the requested materials to WVFA by May 15.
Governing Rules of the WV Tree Farm Scholarship
- The scholarship is a non-renewable award that will be paid directly to the academic institution attended by the applicant. The successful applicant will receive a $1000 scholarship to be awarded to the academic institution of their choice during one academic year, distributed equally between semesters/quarters.
- The applicant must be a legal US resident and a child or grandchild of a WV Tree Farmer. The Tree Farmer must have been enrolled in the Tree Farm program for at least 2 calendar years prior to the date of submitting the scholarship application.
- The applicant must be a college bound high school senior or current college freshman attending an accredited institution.
- Applications will not be accepted after May 15 of the year in which the scholarship will be awarded. All forms must be completed in full and the requested information must be submitted for the applicant to be considered.
- The scholarship may be revoked if the student fails to maintain the status of a full-time student or if the student does not maintain an overall 2.0 GPA or is suspended from the academic institution. Student is obligated to provide the WV Tree Farm Committee with a copy of grades each semester/quarter covered under the scholarship to prove full-time status and GPA.