Project Learning Tree Activity Guides
With your students you can:
- ADOPT A TREE… use all of your senses to investigate your tree and see how it changes throughout the year.
- GO… on a school safari.
- DISCOVER… the secret ingredients in soil.
- INVESTIGATE… the value of wildlife to a community.
- DESCRIBE… all the many roles wood and paper products play in our lives.
- CREATE… a collage using only materials from the environment.
- DEBATE… as a group of interested citizens trying to decide how to manage a piece of forested land acquired by your community.
- TEST… the effects of overcrowding on plant growth.
This programs includes:
- Ready-made lessons and activities that can be used to supplement existing curricula.
- Action-oriented activities that can be used in any order, and require little, if anything, in the way of equipment.
- New ideas that can be used with children having special needs.
- Activities written by classroom teachers with the support and assistance of environmental educators, foresters, and conservation groups.
Here are some sample activities from PLT